Bring your own tent
Pitch your own tent in our campsite (usually just a stone’s throw from the centre of the host town) and sleep under the southern stars.
Easy Campese ($450/tent)
For those who want a little luxury along the way, it’s Easy Campese! At each campsite, you’ll have a roomy tent put up for you (supplied with a comfy sleeping mat) and taken down for you on departure morning. Easy Campese riders also have a dedicated luggage truck.
The tents are 2.4m long x 2.3m wide x 1. 5m high. We recommend a maximum of 2 adults per tent OR 2 adults and 2 children under 12. You can squeeze more in but remember you need space for your bags.
In 2018, Easy Campese tents will be allocated on a first in, first served basis. If you want a tent you need to enter as soon as possible (before 25 May 2018) and select the Easy Campese tick box on the online entry form. The Easy Campese option is limited, so make sure you enter early to maximise your chances of getting a tent.
For more information, see the Easy Campese info sheet.
AllTrails Accommodation and Support Package
Spoil yourself as you cycle with motels, massage and small group camaraderie.
Let AllTrails transfer your luggage daily to a pre-booked motel or B&B accommodation. Relax upon arrival with an afternoon tea in your room, and why not enjoy a massage a few times during the week? It’s all part of this wonderful package.
The camaraderie experienced between riders on the AllTrails package has inspired many to return year after year. For more information, visit the AllTrails Support & Accommodation info sheet.
- Accommodation & Breakfast: Quality accommodation to help you rest easy after your day’s ride, and a hearty breakfast in the morning.
- CQ Made Easy: For those who prefer not to camp with the crowds or brave the weather for 8 days.
- Luggage Transfer: Directly between motels each day, carefully handled in of our vehicles.
- Massage: Trained massage therapists to work on those tired legs to get you ready for the next day.
- Bike Mechanical Assistance: Repairs and assistance.
- Small Group Intimacy: All the benefits of the big event, but still part of an intimate group.
- Transfers: Bus service most days from accommodation to camp so you can remain part of the CQ action!
- Good Old Fashioned Service: The AllTrails team really do look after you! That’s why 75% of places each year are taken by past clients.
You can check out the AllTrails package here.
Book your own hotels/motels
If you want more luxury, you can book your own accommodation along the way, but please note that limited motel beds are available in most of the towns along the CQ18 route.
Refer to the Local Accommodation Options Info Sheet or phone the relevant tourist information centres. Any such arrangements are your own and the event organisers cannot assist further.
Our friends at Mantra Hotels are offering discounted accommodation to Cycle Queensland participants either side of the event. Use the CycleQLD2018 promo code to secure your booking.